Genesis 1-2 May 2008
"In the beginning..."
It is no far-fetched statement to say that these 3 words are foundational in every sense of the word.
Yet, it is increasingly under threat. It is often said "We cannot know who we are without history", but in reality we are increasingly less concerned about history, content to let the past remain in the past and the now determine the shape of the future.
The effect of this a-historicalism is obvious. A quick perusal of current issues both in the church and society lead the keen obsesrver to conclude easily that we cannot begin to understand ourselves and our present without at least a knowing glance back to the past. Can Paul be mistaken when he addresses the congregations in the life of the church based on the writings of the Old Testament thousands of years in the past (1 Cor 14, 1 Tim 2)?
Thus it is that the inaugural Word Works in 2008 begins where it all began! Genesis 101! Genesis will help us understand our origins and thus explain both our lives in relation to God and the message of the Bible.
Over two days we wlll have the opportunity in small groups to try our hand at interpreting key passages in Genesis. Of course we will have the help of listening to lectures on reading interspersed with small group discussion and tutorials.
So don't miss out on being the first to attend the first Word Works!
Rev. Robin Gan
- Founding Elder, Christ Evangelical Reformed Church (2008-Present)
- Founder, Gospel Growth Fellowship (2006)
- Deacon, Anglican Diocese of Malaysia (2006-08)
- Curate, St. Andrew’s Cathedral (2005)
- Curate, St. Paul’s Kogarah (2004)
- Curate, FOCUS UNSW (2002-03)
- Bachelor of Divinity & Diploma of Ministry, Moore Theological College (2002-05)
- Ministry Training Strategy under Philip Jensen (2000-01)
- Regional Marketing for Sony Asia Pacific (1997-99)
- Youth and University Work Leader in Adam Road Presbyterian Singapore (1997-99)
- Bachelor of Commerce, UNSW Australia (1996)
For more than 20 years, Robin Gan has been ministering to students and adults from a wide variety of churches. His concern is for the gospel to grow churches in Malaysia through faithful ministry of the Word of God. He currently pastors CERC, a church that has raised many young leaders to be committed to Jesus' mission.